With the fluid changes to state and local public health orders, please refer to the following pages for the latest information about in-person gatherings and online broadcasts.
Gatherings during the COVID-19 pandemic
Join us Sundays at 2:00PM online via our live stream at www.pillarbible.org/live.
The COVID-19 pandemic is causing individuals, organizations, and governments to evaluate and reflect upon their values and responsibilities and the church is no exception. Many churches, in a non-sinful act, have canceled their services. They have done so under the guidance of Scripture to obey civil government (Rom 13:1–7; 1 Pet 2:13–16).
Many have turned to technology to resolve the issue of suspended public gatherings. Churches have encouraged their members to meet in the digital world through live stream services to replace or supplement the lack of the physical gathering. While technology has its advantage, we should take a few precautions with such a decision.
- Our Sunday and regular ministry gatherings are suspended until further notice. In order to help slow the spread of the virus we are complying with the government to suspend our gathering together physically. This also means we will not partake of the Lord’s Table online.
- We will utilize a live stream on Sundays. The live stream is intended to function as a spiritual aid during our hiatus, not as a replacement for the regular church worship service. It will be a platform for us to share updates, read Scripture, pray, and have a short study of Scripture. Join us online Sundays at 10:30AM at www.pillarbible.org/live.
- Small Groups and Bible Studies are encouraged to utilize technology as well. Leaders of small groups and Bible studies are encouraged to utilize technology to meet for accountability, prayer, and book studies (e.g. FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts).
- You are encouraged to find ways to love one another. Find unique ways to serve one another that do not require physical gatherings (e.g., text, phone, write letters, etc.).
- Anticipate our next physical gathering. God never intended for us to fulfill our brotherly responsibilities to one another via the internet. Therefore, a situation like this should cause us to anticipate the next church gathering.
Service starts at 2:00 PM
Location: California Heights Baptist Church Building
Address: 4130 Gardenia Ave. Long Beach, CA 90807
Finding the Building
We rent from California Heights Baptist Church and have one afternoon service. We are behind the 76 gas station and next to Taqueria La Mexicana. Look for the building labeled “Calif. Heights Baptist Church.”
Feel free to park in the small private parking lot next to the church building on the corner of Gardenia Ave. and Cartagena St. While the lot is reserved for guest and family parking, it does tend to fill up leading up to the worship service start time.
If you need additional parking, free street parking is available anywhere in the surrounding neighborhood. We do request that you be respectful to our neighbors and park with courtesy to other cars and not protrude into the driveways.
The entrance is on the North side of the building , along Gardenia Ave., where parking lot meets the church building. A Greeter and Usher will be available at the greeting cart to welcome you and escort you to your seat.