Blasphemy or Belief (John 10:31-42)
John describes the last confrontation at Jerusalem prior to the crucifixion. The account shows that unbelief does not undermine Jesus’ works and unity with the Father and that people will still believe in times of rejection. The story calls us to consider whether Christ was merely a blasphemer, or Christ is the God who requires belief.
- The Denial of Godhood (vv.31-33)
- The Defense of Godhood (vv.34-39)
- Defended with Scriptures (vv.34-35)
- Defended with Deeds (vv.36-39)
- The Durable Testimony (vv. 40-42)